If there’s one thing America has taught the world, it’s the importance of democracy in the modern world. People need to have their voices heard, no matter how dumb, stupid, silly, troll-y, or plain ol’ misguided. And what better time to remind the world of this than in an election year? But moreso than elected officials, it’s our ability to vote for naming things that remains the main reason voting is one of the most important advancements in society.
1. This is exactly what George Washington had in mind when he invented democracy
2. As soon as we rename the Pacific Ocean to “Watery McWater Ocean,” everything will be as it should.
3. There’s a 90% chance that when kids are allowed to vote for a name, they will make the last name start with “Mc”. Kids loves Ireland!
4. Ugh, we were so close to Not Zelda Doge.
5. “Racecar” is CLEARLY a girl’s name, Garrett.
6. …then again, that last class (yes, even the kid who suggested “Grandma”) still did better than this.